In applying for support services, the student with a disability must provide the office of DSS appropriate written documentation from a licensed professional in the field concerning the specific diagnosis and expected academic limitations. The submission of appropriate documentation is just one step in the process of registering for support services with the DSS.
The following guidelines are provided in the interest of assuring that professionals’ statement is appropriate to document eligibility for support services. If the office of DSS determines that the presented documentation is outdated, incomplete or vague, the student must provide appropriate documentation demonstrating the current existence of a disability before support services can be activated.
- The documentation must be within the last 3 years. However, the DSS reserves the right to make modifications to this time frame.
- Doctor’s prescription pad notes will NOT be accepted.
- IEPs and 504 plans will be accepted as supplemental information only.
- ADD-ADHD Documentation Form
- Autism Spectrum Disorder and Asperger's Syndrome Documentation Form
- Emotional Support Animal (ESA)/Service Animal Registration Guidelines
- Hearing Impairments and Deafness Documentation Form
- Learning Disabilities Documentation Form
- Medical or Physical Conditions Documentation Form
- Psychological and Psychiatric Disorders Documentation Form
- Visual Impairments and Blindness Documentation Form