Assistant/Associate Professor of Orthodontics (Non-Tenure)
Assistant/Associate Professor of Orthodontics
Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences, School of Orthodontics
Jacksonville University's, Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences, School of Orthodontics seeks a full-time, non-tenure-track clinical faculty member at the Assistant Professor, or higher level. The Advanced Graduate Studies Program focuses on Orthodontic knowledge based education as well as evidence based patient care and research. The School of Orthodontics is housed within a state-of-the-art facility and possesses a technologically advanced clinic with access to 3D Imaging. In addition, the program has access to a large pool of patients with diverse needs and backgrounds and it holds a regular multidisciplinary collaboration with the Craniofacial Center and the Maxillofacial Surgery Division of UF Health.
This is a full-time position with a focus on clinical orthodontic education. Jacksonville University, School of Orthodontics promotes the translation of evidenced-based knowledge into clinical orthodontic practice.
Essential Job Duties
- Supervise patient care with residents and engage in clinical teaching.
- Participate in daily diagnostic and clinical progress seminars.
- Organize and manage clinical processes to facilitate an efficient practice environment.
- Conduct literature review classes and produced course syllabi as assigned by the Program Director
- Engage in independent research and submit for peer review publications.
- Advise a number of students' research projects annually and supervise completion of a Thesis as assigned by the program director.
- Prior experience in etc.
- Work is normally performed in an orthodontic clinic setting and classroom environments
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard, other small business machines, orthodontic care technology and equipment and to provide orthodontic care.
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications, computer display screens orthodontic care technology and to provide orthodontic care.
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone.
Prerequisites Required for Position
- DDS or DMD from a CODA accredited program or its equivalent.
- Orthodontic training from a CODA accredited program or its equivalent.
- Clinical orthodontic practice experience.
- American Board of Orthodontics Certification
- Florida Dental Licensure or License to practice dentistry from another state.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Send the following to the Jacksonville University Orthodontic Search Committee by way of Nancy Srock, Academic Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or:
Search Committee, Assistant/ Associate Professor, Orthodontics Program
Nancy Srock, Academic Coordinator
Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences-SOO
2800 University Blvd North
Jacksonville, FL 32211