Associate Professor/Program Director of Health Informatics
Associate Professor, Program Director, Health Informatics
Department of Health Informatics
The Department of Health Informatics in the Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences at Jacksonville University invites applicants from the broadly defined area of Health Informatics, to apply for a full-time, twelve-month, tenure-accruing position for an Associate Professor, Program Director, Health Informatics. Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate expertise to develop instruction in: data analytics, advanced coding and classification, health informatics standards, cyber security, advanced system analysis, clinical decision support, project management, population health and epidemiology, research work projects, and advanced health informatics. Successful candidates will be expected to engage in classroom teaching, research, and online program development, internship supervision, and perform service that will contribute to the university and the profession. Qualifications include a commitment to teaching and program development, to work in a culturally diverse environment and an understanding of the mission of Jacksonville University.
Essential Job Duties
- Lead in Program development and graduate education
- Develop and teach courses in the area of health informatics
- Demonstrate mentoring and interprofessional skills
- Direct the Health Informatics program requiring 33 credit hours and a post bachelor’s degree certificate program in health data analytics requiring 12 credit hours
- Hire faculty to lead the Health Informatics Program curriculum
- Be charged with primary recruitment and marketing of the health informatics programs
- Recruit prospective students
- Acquire and maintain internship/affiliation agreements
- Acquire and maintain MOUs with industry partners for online and cohort programs
- Develop course schedules
- Develop enrollment and revenue projections, budget requests, bi-weekly reports to the Dean, and end of year program annual reports
- Seek, obtain, and enforce CAHIIM and SACS accreditation standards
- Work is normally performed in typical office and classroom environments; however, some sections may be taught online.
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- PhD or equivalent doctoral education in related field.
Minimum Work Experience
- Current academic teaching is expected.
- Candidates must have a doctoral degree in an equivalent level of certification and must provide evidence of teaching excellence, or potential for excellence, in their area of expertise.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Send the following to HIM Search Committee:
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three written letters of recommendation
- JU Faculty application
- Background Authorization Form
- Unofficial transcripts (official transcripts will be needed before hiring)
Documents should be sent to email@example.com or:
Search Committee, Associate Professor, Program Director, Health Informatics
Administrative Program Coordinator
2800 University Blvd North
Jacksonville, FL 32211