Scholarship Information Benefits
4-Year Scholarship (Navy Option)
Selected applicants for the NROTC scholarship program are awarded scholarships through a highly competitive national selection process. The recipient will be commissioned a naval officer upon graduation and is obligated to a minimum of 4 years active duty in the U.S. Naval Reserve. The scholarship recipient will receive full tuition and other financial benefits including class fees, a textbook stipend and a monthly stipend for subsistence. NROTC scholarships do not pay for room and board or personal items such as computers.
Applicants for 4 year NROTC scholarships must meet these eligibility requirements:
- You must be a U.S. citizen.
- You must be at least 17 years of age by September 1 of the year you are starting college
and less than 27 years of age on June 30 of the year in which you are eligible for
graduation and commissioned status.
* An age waiver may be granted for prior active military service, on a month-for-month basis, computed as of 1 September of the year of enrollment in NROTC, provided you will not reach your 30th birthday by 30 June of the year in which graduation and commissioning are anticipated.
- You must be a high school graduate or possess equivalency certificate by August 1 of the year you are applying.
- You must have no moral or personal convictions which prevent the bearing of arms in defense of the United States and you must be deemed physically qualified.
- You must meet minimum SAT test scores of 530 verbal and 520 math or minimum ACT test score of 22 English and 21 Math.
- You are also responsible for gaining acceptance to a certified NROTC university. Acceptance does not guarantee assignment to that school, so it is recommended that you apply to at least 3 of your desired universities.
- Students that have more than 1 year of college credit are not eligible for the 4-year scholarship and should discuss other options with the professor of naval science at the university which they attended.
4-Year Scholarship (Marine Option)
Application eligibility for the NROTC scholarship Marine Option program are the same as Navy 4-year EXCEPT the minimum SAT test scores are 1100 composite or the minimum ACT test scores are 45 for the English and Math portions combined.
Interested college students can join their Navy ROTC unit through the Two-year or Four-year College Program. Students must join the Four-year College Program prior to the start of their sophomore year, and incur no obligation to the Navy until accepted into advanced standing in their junior year. Additionally, Four-year College Program students can be eligible for three or two-year scholarships.
- Full tuition and fees (Approximately $20,000 per year)
- Textbook stipend
- Monthly subsistence allowance during each school year:
- $250 for freshmen
- $300 for sophomores
- $350 for juniors
- $400 for seniors
Jacksonville University Room and Board
NROTC Scholarship students attending Jacksonville University may receive a room and board scholarship from the university equal to the price of a standard double room (no private bath) and a full board plan (19 meals per week).
NROTC College Program students attending Jacksonville University may keep either their Jacksonville University academic scholarship (if offered), or receive a room and board scholarship from the university equal to the price of a standard double room (no private bath) and a partial board plan (12 meals per week).
Eligibility for the room and board scholarship is determined by the Jacksonville University Financial Aid Office.