Why have an Office of Research & Sponsored Programs?
The purpose of a formalized office for research and sponsored programs is to 1) Facilitate the process of securing funding to support the scholarly interests of faculty and 2) Protect the interests of the University.
Pre-Award Services Offered:
- Assistance with identifying potential extramural funding sources
- Analyzing and interpreting the Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) or Request for Proposals (RFP)
- Proposal editing and budget development
- Completion of standardized application forms and gathering supporting University documents, such as audits, 990s, Board of Trustee lists, etc.
- Facilitating collaborative partnerships, both internally and externally, if needed
- Facilitates the required internal review and approval process
- Serves as JU's Authorized Organization Representative (AOR) for all proposal submissions
- Reviews and negotiates all grant awards and contracts for JU prior to signature approval by the President and/or CFO
- Assures compliance with applicable federal and state regulations, and institutional policies
- Compliance guidance with JU's IRB
- Facilitation of technical and financial reports in coordination with the Controllers Office.
- Award close-out
Important: All proposals for external funding, regardless of dollar amount, must:
- be reviewed by the ORSP a minimum of 5 days before the due date.
- have institutional approval prior to being submitted to a funding agency.
JU reserves the right to reject an award if the project has not been properly routed and vetted by Administration prior to its submission.