Dual MSOL / MSABACombining Leadership and Business Analytics
Why Choose Our Program?
The Master of Science in Applied Business Analytics (MSABA) and Master of Science Organizational Leadership (MSOL) dual degree program is designed for leaders of various backgrounds who want to apply business analytics skills to leadership activities.
- An AACSB accredited dual degree program.
- Collaborates with fellow and future business leaders.
- Offers broad exposure to advanced-level analytical skills and core business leadership knowledge.
- Emphasizes corporate responsibility, economic optimization, organizational behavior, demand analysis, profit analysis, business ethics, and effective management.
Start Your Application
About Our Program
Our program reduces the total courses required by four (4) classes (12 credits) while still including all the analytical skills and the broad knowledge necessary to apply them in the business world. Students will be required to complete the following coursework:
Foundation Course Prerequisites
These courses are required for candidates who do not have a bachelor's degree in business or who lack basic knowledge in the following disciplines:
- ECON 509 - Essentials/Fundamentals of Economics
Applied Business Analytics Program Requirements
- DSIM 602 - Introduction to Applied Business Analytics
- DSIM 603 - Applied Statistical Modeling and Analysis
- DSIM 604 - Applied Data Visualization and Analysis
- DSIM 605 - Applied Data Management
- DSIM 606 - Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- DSIM 607 - Management of Analytical Projects
- DSIM 608 - Applied Managerial Analytics (Capstone)
MSOL Program Requirements
- ACCT 509 - Essentials/Fundamentals of Accounting
- FIN 509 - Essentials/Fundamentals of Finance
- DSIM 509 - Essentials/Fundamentals of Quantitative Methods
- DSIM 518 - Competing Through Innovation & Information Technology
- DSIM 577 - Managing Production and Service Operations
- MGT 566 - The Legal & Ethical Environment of Business
- MGT 610 - Strategic Human Resource Management
- MGT 545 - Global Corporate Strategy and Policy
Choose One (1) three-credit course from Management (MGT), Finance (FIN), Marketing (MKG), Accounting, Decision Science, and Information Management (DSIM). This elective is designed to expand the application of analytical techniques in a business scenario that advances the students' career goals.
AdmissionsHow to Apply
- Completed JU Application
- Unofficial Transcripts for Degree Most Recently Conferred (Undergraduate-Bachelor’s
- Additional Transcripts may be requested if you have completed less than 60 credits at your degree conferring institution, or if you are wishing to waive the MBA Pre-Requisite requirements (Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Economics)
- The following may be requested from students with a GPA under 3.0
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Intent
- Letters of recommendation; two of which should be professional references. References should be from a supervisor familiar with the student's professional abilities and, if possible, an educator who taught the student.
- GRE / GMAT Scores
Contact UsRequest for Information
Contact Information Davis College of Business
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Phone: (904) 256-7196