Master of Science in NursingFamily Nurse Practitioner
Why Choose Our Program?
Are you ready to take your nursing career to the next level? Jacksonville University’s Master of Science in Nursing Program (MSN) prepares students for advanced practice roles in Nursing. Our Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) program is designed to prepare you with the educational, administrative, and clinical knowledge necessary to advance nursing knowledge and improve professional nursing practice.
- Is offered in full-time or part-time tracks, so you can learn at your own pace
- Has over 20 years of experience offering highly-regarded nursing programs led by expert faculty
- Allows for unique, real-world learning experiences through clinical placements and in our state-of-the-art simulation center
If you already have a Master of Science in Nursing, you may be interested in the Family Nurse Practitioner post-graduate certificate.
lunch & learn Information Session
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet the program director and advisor to ask questions about our curriculum and admissions process.
Thursday, June 10, 2021
FNP Quick Facts
JU's MSN Family Nurse Practitioner program was designed to help you conveniently take the next step towards your career.
- Small classes provide you with individual attention
- Work with an academic advisor throughout the program who will assist you with individualizing your program progression in a way that works for your schedule
- Experienced faculty provided to find clinical placements for students, ensuring that 100% of students receive a placement
- Part-time students are on campus 3-6 hours each Wednesday, and full-time Students are on campus 6-11 hours each Wednesday
About Our Program
The MSN-FNP program begins one time per year in the fall semester, on campus.
JU is working closely with SACSCOC, our accrediting body, to complete the standard accreditation process for our Palm Coast location. We anticipate approval in 2021.
- NUR 510 Nursing Theory and Research I
- NUR 512 Organization, Delivery and Policy in Healthcare
- NUR 514 Nursing Leadership and Advanced Roles
- NUR 516 Information Systems and Technology for Improved Healthcare
- NUR 520 Nursing Theory and Research II
- NUR 501 Advanced Health Assessment
- NUR 502 Advanced Pathophysiology
- NUR 504 Advanced Pharmacology
- NUR 503 Adult Health Promotion and Disease Management
- NUR 509 Pediatric Health Promotion and Disease Management
- NUR 515 Women’s Health Promotion and Disease Management
- NUR 517 Mental Health and Crisis Intervention
- NUR 553 Advanced Role Practicum
AdmissionsHow to Apply
- Complete JU Application
- Unofficial Transcripts from Colleges & Universities with All Nursing Coursework &
- If the candidate attended a college or university abroad, an official NACES evaluation of that transcript is required. Choose the course-by-course evaluation with the GPA option.
- A minimum 3.0 undergraduate Nursing GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Graduation from a CCNE, NLN or ACEN accredited BSN program
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Intent
- Nursing License
- Out of state applicants must be eligible for endorsement in Florida
- International students must hold a current license from a U.S. state and be eligible for endorsement in Florida.
- The following may be requested of students with a GPA of 3.0 or below
- GRE/GMAT scores
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
Request for Information
Contact Information Keigwin School of Nursing
Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences
Phone: (904) 256-7000