Master of Science in NursingHealthcare Quality and Safety
Why choose our program?
Are you ready to take the next step in your nursing career? Our MSN Healthcare Quality and Safety (HQS) program is designed to provide a convenient way for working registered nurses to earn their graduate degrees. In the HQS program, you will transform as a professional for the challenge of continuously improving the quality and safety of healthcare systems.
- The HQS Master's degree program in Nursing at Jacksonville University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Is offered in part-time and full-time tracks so you can learn at your own pace
- Incorporates project-based clinical opportunities so you can continue working
If you are not a registered nurse, you might be interested in the Master of Science in Healthcare Quality and Safety degree.
lunch & learn Information Session
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet the program director and advisor to ask questions about our curriculum and admissions process.
Thursday, June 10, 2021
Earn an MSN Your Way
JU's MSN Healthcare Quality and Safety program prepares you to take the next step in your career whether that be a promotion or graduate school. The HQS program was designed for you to complete your way:
- Small classes provide you with individual attention
Courses offered in-person, online, or in a hybrid format (in-person and online)
- Courses offered in 8-week flexible course formats that allow you to take terms off when you need it
- Work with an academic advisor throughout the program who will assist you with individualizing your program progression in a way that works for your schedule.
About Our Program
When you graduate from this program, you will have a Master of Science in Nursing with a concentration in Healthcare Quality & Safety.
Jacksonville University's MSN Healthcare Quality and Safety program is certified by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME), the only accrediting body for healthcare quality and safety programs at the master's level.
JU's certified status is not only a mark of quality but also an indication that we are committed to helping set the precedent of high standards for healthcare quality and safety education at the master's level. Certified status, however, is not the same as accreditation and does not guarantee eventual accredited status.
JU is working closely with SACSCOC, our accrediting body, to complete the standard accreditation process for our Palm Coast location. We anticipate approval in 2021.
- NUR 510: Nursing Theory & Research I
- NUR 512: Organization, Delivery, and Policy in Healthcare
- NUR 514: Nursing Leadership and Advanced Roles
- NUR 516: Information Systems & Technology for Improved Healthcare
- NUR 520: Nursing Research & Theory II
- NUR 551: Advanced Role Practicum
- HQS 501: Introduction to Healthcare Quality/Culture, Interprofessional Teams, and Simulation
- HQS 502: Health Law, Regulatory Issues, and the Business of Healthcare Quality Improvement
- HQS 503: Improvement Science, Human Factors, and Systems Thinking
- HQS 560: Healthcare Quality and Safety Capstone
AdmissionsHow to Apply
- Completed JU Application
- Unofficial Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended with All Nursing
Coursework & Nursing Degrees
- A minimum 3.0 undergraduate nursing GPA on a 4.0 scale is required
- Graduation from a CCNE, NLN or ACEN accredited BSN program
- Active U.S. Nursing License
- The following may be requested of students with a GPA of 3.0 or below
- GRE/GMAT scores
- Statement of Intent
- Letters of Recommendation
Contact Information Keigwin School of Nursing
Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Phone: (904) 256-7000