Master of Science in NursingLeadership in the Healthcare System
Why Choose Our Program?
Are you ready to take your nursing career to the next level? Our MSN Leadership in the Healthcare System program is designed to provide a convenient way for working registered nurses to earn their graduate degrees. Graduates will be prepared to take on leadership positions in a variety of healthcare systems. Those who participate will experience a focused curriculum aligned with the American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE) Nurse Manager and Leader Certification.
- The Leadership in the Healthcare System Master's degree program in Nursing at Jacksonville University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Is offered on part-time and full-time tracks so you can learn at your own pace
- Incorporates project-based clinical opportunities so you can continue working
If you already have a Master of Science in Nursing, you may be interested in the Leadership in the Healthcare System post-graduate certificate.
lunch & learn Information Session
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet the program director and advisor to ask questions about our curriculum and admissions process.
Thursday, June 10, 2021
Earn an MSN Your Way
JU's Leadership in the Healthcare System program prepares you to take the next step in your career whether that be a promotion or graduate school. The Leadership program was designed for you to complete your way:
- Small classes provide you with individual attention
- Courses offered in-person, online, or in a hybrid format (in-person and online)
- Courses offered in 8-week flexible course formats that allow you to take terms off when you need it
- Work with an academic advisor throughout the program who will assist you with individualizing your program progression in a way that works for your schedule.
About Our Program
When you graduate from this program, you will have a Master of Science in Nursing with a concentration in Leadership in the Healthcare System. This concentration prepares students to continue study at the Doctoral level if they choose.
JU is working closely with SACSCOC, our accrediting body, to complete the standard accreditation process for our Palm Coast location. We anticipate approval in 2021.
- NUR 510: Nursing Theory & Research I
- NUR 512: Organization, Delivery, and Policy in Healthcare
- NUR 514: Nursing Leadership and Advanced Roles
- NUR 516: Information Systems & Technology for Improved Healthcare
- NUR 520: Nursing Research & Theory II
- NUR 551: Advanced Role Practicum
- NUR 530 Financial Management of Nursing Systems
- NUR 531 Human Resource Management in Healthcare
- NUR 532 Nursing Leadership & the Healthcare System
- NUR 533 Quality & Safety in Healthcare
AdmissionsHow to Apply
- Completed JU Application
- Unofficial Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended with All Nursing
Coursework & Nursing Degrees
- A minimum 3.0 undergraduate nursing GPA on a 4.0 scale is required
- Graduation from a CCNE, NLN or ACEN accredited BSN program
- Active U.S. Nursing License
- The following may be requested of students with a GPA of 3.0 or below
- GRE/GMAT scores
- Statement of Intent
- Letters of Recommendation
Request for Information
Contact Information Keigwin School of Nursing
Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences
Phone: (904) 256-7000